Monday, November 28, 2011

Wiki


During this session, I really learned and explored a lot about Wikipedia and various programs that go along with it. I have used pbworks for a long time, and have had a few online classes use them as well.

Wikipedia - this was more a struggle for me. A lot of my previous education experience has been discrediting wikipedia as not being a reliable source, and emphasizing that anyone truly can post on the site without really checking their facts. It was nice to see the emphasis that wikipedia puts on having your facts accurate.
I looked for my school, but only found a page for Rocky Mount. I created a page for M.B. Hubbard Elementary under my username on wikipedia. As I find more information and history about my school, I will add it.

M.B. Hubbard Elementary Wikipedia

WikiSpace - A few years ago, I created a wikispace to be used for literacy. I would definitely use this site with my students for the purpose it was created. Students are able to look at book suggestions, post about their own reading, keep track of their pages read compared to classmates, and more. For this class, I created a wikispace to share technology resources with coworkers.

Literature Wikispace


Technology Wikispace

PB Works - MY FAVORITE OF THESE RESOURCES!!! I use this on a daily basis to save links and organize resources that I use in and out of my classroom. This has been ongoing for a couple years as a composition of countless sites! As mentioned, this resource worked really well for previous classes. However, it can get disorganized if you are not careful... as I have found more and more sites to use in my classroom, they have been saved to the home page and not sorted. There are many application for this site.

My PB Works

No comments:

Post a Comment