Thursday, April 2, 2009

Social Bookmarking

mmm D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.
Social bookmarking is the ability to save websites on an account on the internet. Most web browsers have the ability to mark favorites on your computer, but then how do you access those when you are somewhere else?
Sites such as Digg and Delicious allow you to not only save those locations, but help you to sort and organize them. Once you have hundreds of sites, you can search through them based on the "tags" you add to them. For example, I am looking for an activity for students to do in relation to a math assigment. I have marked a couple sites relating to math activities for kids to do.
This also helps me to organize sites that I found through several steps and may not be able to get back to. these sites are often databases for other sites or ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment